Epson has released a press release concerning their new Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 720 home theater projectors. Not only are these projectors using some very cutting edge technology but they also have a nice reasonable price. Just in time for Christmas.
Epson America Inc. today announced that it is advancing its award-winning line of high definition projectors for the ever-growing home theater market with the launch of the Epson PowerLite(R) Home Cinema 720. This new high definition projector is engineered to set a new standard in performance among all 720p native resolution projectors currently on the market. To meet that promise, it comes loaded with cutting-edge technology and high-end features typically reserved for much more expensive projectors. The result is stunning HD image quality at up to 120 inches, incredible color control and the hassle-free setup, service and support Epson has become famous for — all for $1,299 (estimated street price). The combination makes the Home Cinema 720 the perfect choice for any home theater enthusiast. The Home Cinema 720 will be available in late-October through authorized Epson resellers.
“As the number-one selling projector brand worldwide,(1) Epson continues to expand its leadership position with a continuous wave of innovation influencing all segments of the home theater market,” said Mike Isgrig, director, Multimedia Projection Products, Epson America. “The Home Cinema 720 is another great example of our commitment to leadership in the market. This product sets a new price/performance standard by offering truly amazing image quality driven by an advanced 3-chip optical engine and 10-bit color processing. It also offers state-of-the-art features usually found in more expensive projectors including lens shift and color management combined with our exclusive two-year Road Service(TM) and PrivateLine(R) support — all for under $1,300.”
The Home Cinema 720 features industry-leading 3LCD technology to deliver brilliant high-definition 16:9 images and video, smooth shadow detail and outstanding tone response — with no risk of color break-up or distracting “rainbow effect.” 3LCD technology is renowned for its outstanding color quality, amazing detail and road-tested reliability, helping to clearly set the Home Cinema 720 apart from other projectors in this category.
The Home Cinema 720 offers a range of features and benefits for today’s home theater enthusiasts, Including:
- 3LCD technology for incredible color, amazing detail and road-tested reliability with no color break-up or distracting “rainbow effect”
- 3-chip optical engine for brighter, more accurate color, excellent tone response without moving mirrors or color wheels
- Up to 1,600 ANSI lumens for brightness levels that are among the highest in the home theater category
- 10-bit color processing — displays more than one billion colors resulting in intense detail and color accuracy with a wide color gamut
- Up to 10,000:1 contrast ratio for incredible depth and shadow detail
- 100 percent vertical and 50 percent horizontal offset lens shift allowing easy installation without any need for digital keystone manipulation
- Epson AccuCinema(TM) Color Management for calibrated performance right out of the box
- Robust grayscale tracking includes 1,024 steps between black and white
- Epson Super White achieves 100 IRE for cleaner images with less noise and better picture quality
- Built-in Cinema Filter optimizes and expands the image color space, resulting in richer hues with greater Intensity and contrast in dark scenes
- Versatile interfaces include Component Video, RGB Video, S-Video, and Composite Video as well as HDMI, and RS-232 digital connections
- Two-year warranty with Epson’s exclusive Road Service and PrivateLine(R) support
- Epson E-TORL(TM) Lamp engineered to project light more efficiently, maximizing brightness and uniformity across the entire screen and extending lamp life up to 4,000 hours
- Sleek, soft white design allows projector to blend in smoothly with most homes’ decor
About 3LCD Technology
3LCD is the world’s leading projection technology, delivering unbelievable color, amazing detail and road-tested reliability. Using an advanced 3-chip design, 3LCD offers full-time RGB for brilliant quality images without the possibility of color break-up. 3LCD is based on LCD technology, which is used by leading manufacturers worldwide for the ultimate viewing experience in a variety of products. For the latest list of companies using 3LCD technology in projectors and large screen TVs, visit the 3LCD website at http://www.3LCD.com.